England is a part of Europe's United Kingdom and it is located on the island of Great Britain. It is not considered a separate nation, but it is an independent country within the UK. The staple foods are meat, fish, potatoes, flour, butter and eggs. These are common foods due to England's rolling hills that are not very high, making for the ideal place to live and farm. England’s climate is described as being “temperate maritime”. Winter temperatures seldom plummet below zero degrees Celsius, while summer highs can reach about 30 degrees Celsius.
Scones
Ingredients
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons softened butter
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup raisins, diced
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
Recipe
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Mix flour, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl.
- Cut in butter with a pastry blender.
- Mix in sugar and raisins.
- Stir in milk a little at a time, to make a soft dough.
- Flour a large cutting board.
- Divide dough in half and roll each piece to 3/4 inches think.
- Cut dough into wedges.
- Place triangles on a greased and floured cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Serve hot with jam.
I had very high expectations for this unit since I've wanted to go to the United Kingdom for so long. Sadly, I was disappointed. The scones were bland and not something I would make again for myself. My group decided not to put in the raisins which could have been part of the reason for the bland taste. I'm also not a big tea drinker so I wasn't fond of that either. Overall, the unit was a bit of a let down for me.
No comments:
Post a Comment